CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Renesme


A while back at a night out with the gals my friend Linds B commented that as she read the book "Breaking Dawn" (twighlight series) and read about the baby Renesme she thought of Evie. Compliment, Yes, fortelling the future, Undoubetly so!! Yes my cute little human baby has turned part vampire in the past days and is making me think that weaning might be sooner rather than later. I don't know if our feeding time is healthy for either of us. Jd said that all he hears is sweet talk and then "NOO NOO, OUCH, NO NO!!" "EVIE STOP, THIS ISN'T FUNNY!" followed by tears from a not quite full Renesme, ie. Evie, and me saying, "I'm sorry for yelling at you!" I have tried staying calm and collected but when those little fangs get near, the hysteria seems almost inevitable. Whatever shall I do?
I have had people say tap on their lips...done that.
Flick them..no way. Bite them back...ya right. Yell at them...not working, just makes her laugh.
Bottle feed...enticing.
If there are any vampire survivors out there with a little bit of advice WE would love to hear it!
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Leisel said...

You poor thing! Kamber didn't get any teeth until after we were done nursing. I definitely recommend that course of action!!! ;0) But otherwise, I don't really know what to tell you. . . Just a few more months????

Brianne said...

I wish I had some advice...Carter never would nurse. So, sorry! But I was hurting reading this post because I can't imagine how painful that must be. Good luck!!!

Brianne said...

Oh, and are you able to get on my blog now? I emailed you a while back to find out, but I wasn't sure if I had the right email. Let me know! Send me an email or post a comment. :)

The Pratts said...

Yikes, I feel for you! I don't know what to tell you, it sounds like you've tried everything! I wouldn't blame you for going to the bottle. I almost gave up on nursing when Cohen bit me so hard it broke the skin and got infected! Good luck with whatever you choose to do!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

ok, I've got something to say. Had the same problem with the brod-ster. Know what the health nurse recommended?
When they start to bite, quickly pull their face into your breast so they can't breathe anymore and they will have to let go. She'll learn biting you = not being able to breathe. I know it sounds really cruel, but it actually worked. It only takes them a second or two to realize they don't like it.
P.S. I must like you if I'm risking sounding crazy to all your admirers!

LindsayB said...

ahhh this is way too funny! that little renesme stinker. never had the prob, but kristin's idea sounds about right. i love her through and through, maybe even a little more now that she has vampire tendencies.

whitney said...

Finn just cut his two bottom teeth. I am worried about the day he will start biting. I am sure it will be soon. I remember Roman biting a few times, but after I yelled in pain he didn't do it anymore.
Good luck! Finn won't take a bottle, so not sure what I will do. At least your little vampire will take a bottle!

Arrington's said...

I have no good advice but once you figure it out, be a dear and fill me in just in case I might need it in the future. She may act like Renesme but I'm convinced she's cuter then her..how could she not?!?!

Melissa said...

At least she is a cute vampire!!! And for he biting i'm not sure, i heard once to push her head closer into you than try to pull away??? Good luck.

Jacklyn said...

haha the things we go through I swear. Lily is a vampire lately, she bit me on the leg the other day right through my jeans there was a red mark, the little savage. As for nursing vampires all I can say is OUCH I feel your pain one time Luke bit me so hard I seriously almost threw him off the couch. sorry no advice

Sunshine said...

Ouch! I too had a biter and the only thing that worked for me was to pull him in closer and he would stop biting because he couldn't breathe as easily. It only took a few times and he was over the biting. She sure is cute! Good luck.

Kira Thunell said...

Tanner bit me a few times but for whatever reason stopped. I don't know if it was my startled reaction and painful yell that made him stop or if I just got lucky. My friend had a vampire too and he took off a big chunk ... oh, wait that's not comforting to hear. Okay, so I'm not helpful. I'm sorry. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)

Lyndsey said...

I have felt that pain before and it is unforgiving. Briggs was a bitter and he would not stop bitting I tried everything, so we had to put him on a bottle. Of course he did not like it for a full day he would not eat at all and then finally late that night he gave in. It was a very long drawn out day. I guess it was kind of mean but I had to do something. I loved the comparison with Reseme. Good luck!