CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Raymond Triathlon!!




You better believe it!! Raymond had their 1st triathlon and I thought it would be super fun to do it. So I talked to Lucy to see if she was up for the challenge and being the competitive little thing that she is she of course was pumped!! So JD, Whit D., & I did a team triathlon with Whit swimming 200 meters, JD biking 10 KM and I ran 2.5 km...but that isn't what was so fun, it was doing this race with Lucy!! First Lucy had to swim 4 lengths of the pool which she did really well, then it was off to the bikes!! I got my helmet on, she had her cute barbie helmet (it is the only pic I don't have since I was with her) and off we went for our 2.5 km bike. After about 3 blocks the legs started aching and she was choking back the tears asking over and over where the finish line was, but as soon as she'd see the people helping she'd choke back those tears and keep going!! We rounded the corner and she took off her helmet and off she was on her 1 km run (thanks saba for running it with her). As she ran in the announcer and everyone else was chanting "LUCY LUCY LUCY!!" She picked up her speed and ended in true racing fashion!! She was the youngest of over 120 competitors to do the race!! We are so proud and hope that she enjoyed it enough to keep on going!!

12 comments:

Skye said...

That is awesome! What a little trooper!!!!

The Pratts said...

I love this!! Way to go Lucy! Also when I read about how you said Evie was such a mild baby but turned into a monster of a toddler, I felt like I was reading about Cohen! They would be two peas in a pod.

Jessica said...

Good for her! Seriously cute too!

Antonia said...

That's awesome Lucy!!! Great Job!!!

lynz said...

that is way too cute! so fun to have a triathalon in raymond and go lucy!!! so fun :)

McCandless Co. said...

I am totally crying right now as I can only imagine how great that was to hear everyone chanting her name....She is the cutest. What a fun thing to do together!

LindsayB said...

yay lucy! i'm so sad i left before she finished. i'm now inspired and i'm doing the stirling triathlon on sat, hope i don't drown!

Brianne said...

How fun. You sure have cute girls! I hope you are doing well. I miss you guys.

Jacklyn said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen, I am tearing up, her little legs aching. Go Lucy!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Lucy!!

Amz said...

This is so impressive! What a great activity! Go Lucy, Go Lucy, Go Lucy! Hope you guys are all doing well.

Halo BW said...

So impressive!

https://www.alkibla.com/2020/12/jenis-pinjaman-online.html