CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas' Past!

Well I am feeling a little sad and sentimental all at the same time. You see in all of my 30 Christmases there has always been 1 thing consistent. I mean Santa has come every year, Christmas Eve is still the longest night of the whole year (even when we aren't crammed in one room), homemade pizza was a must on Christmas eve, my dad's games got better and better with time, Linsey wanted what everyone else had, but the thing that has always been here aside from all of the traditions was my family. Throughout the years the frequency of us all being together during Christmas has become less and less, but at least I always had my mom and dad around to make it feel like Christmas. Well my parents this year "since no one was really here!" ( I really do forgive you for that little slip of the tongue mom) went and jumped ship....literally! They are off somewhere sailing in the Caribbean while we are bundled up here, making the most of this holiday season and I like to think that deep down there is a little bit of sadness as they are basking in the sun, that they don't get to see those cute little smiles on Christmas, and listen to jingle bells sung by Evie and Lucy, or see the reindeer prints in the snow, or dad staying up all night to refine his Christmas game...you get the picture!! Needless to same Christmas will be great and I will keep as many of the traditions for my little family, but I will definitely miss having everyone around to celebrate with!! PS dad your games better be even better next year to make up for this one!!


(Love this picture...but when was Evie really that chubby?)

I hope that wherever you are that you all have a Merry Christmas!!!!

4 comments:

McCandless Co. said...

Well I have had those sad feeling for about 5 or so years....it gets easier, sorta. I really miss all those things too! Mmmm dad's homemade wassle, leftover pizza in the morning, best Christmas decor.

By the way, I am pretty sure they are headed to Australia next year, so sorry.! Wish you were here too, Merry Christmas.

lynz said...

merry christmas to you!!! we're in raymond so hopefully we'll get a chance to say it in person :) hope you have fun with your little girlies and jd!

Brianne said...

That would be hard. Sorry to hear that, but luckily you have your sweet girls and JD around. Hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas. Love ya.

ashley said...

Me and dave just ate our pizza...and it was quiet, the end. Dads game better be amazing next year. We miss you terribly!