CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 30, 2010

5 ALREADY

I've decided that blogging is a little like house cleaning if you don't keep up then it can get a little overwhelming...and so much has happened in the last copule of months that I am more that OVERWHELMED!!! I also haven't downloaded most of my pictures so this is it for right now!

LUCY IS 5...

 


Can you believe how big and cute she is...so many things that this once 4 but now 5 year old can do. She has developed a new sense of independence and responsibility that can only come when you turn 5. She no longer wants my help to make her bed (yeah) she can choose her outfits (no pants for her, only dresses and skirts...the twirlier the better), she is very opinionated about how her hair should be styled so that the other kids wont make fun of her (is it really happening already ), and honestly she is getting more and more pleasant to have around...not that she wasn't before but you know what I mean! Some of my favorite little things and not so favorite little things that she has said go a little something like this:

LUCY: Hey mom didn't your chesties used to be way up there?
MOM: Thanks Lucy I don't think I noticed (do you think that is grounds for a little lift?)

LUCY: MOM! I don't want to wear my skirt like that!!
MOM: Lucy it looks funny to have your shirt tucked in..look I'm wearing mine untucked!)
LUCY: (hands on hips and said rather matter-of-factly) Well...don't you think your the boss of my clothes!

LUCY: Mom I'm a really gross kid
MOM: what makes you a gross kid
LUCY: well sometimes after I go to the potty I get stuff on my panties and that makes me a REALLLY gross kid!

LUCY: Mom at school the kids say FART!
MOM: Well that's okay but at our house we say TOOT!
LUCY: If it's big is it a FART and when it is small it's a TOOT?
MOM: NO! it is always a TOOT and when small enough it is a FLUFF!! (call me old fashioned but I just can't use the F word!)


 


This picture just had to make is on the blog. Evie is...well, Evie!! She is getting more and more personality by the day and keeps us constantly laughing!

Here is the here and now with Evie:
I repeat just about every word that is said!
I love to say "I am CRAZY" and "I am BONKERS"
my smile is about a mile wide and use it as my defense against some of my acts of mischief!
I am a messy messy messy eater and have been nicknamed "pig pen"! (hope it doesn't stick)
I love to perform with my sister Lucy and am her little echo
I love to giggle and have a contagious laugh just like my sister Lucy.
My hair is now past my shoulder blades and I now give my mom 10 seconds instead of 5 to style it!!
I am very social and will pretty much go up to anyone especially if they have food.
My favorite songs are sleeping bunnies, vroom to the moon, popcorn popping, & Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

The Pratts said...

Hooray for an update! Your kiddos are adorable. I can't believe Lucy is FIVE! And I love her spunky little personality. And I CANOOT believe Evie's hair is past her shoulder blades! We grow 'em bald around here! :)

summer said...

I love your girls! THey are so much fun, and what a fun and witty mom...will you do the journalling for my blog, PLEASE!!

Brooke said...

Wow! I can't believe Lucy is five! I love to hear all of the funny things she says. You must just have the best time hearing what she comes up with. And Evie's hair! Wow! I'm celebrating the fact that I can finally put Claire's up in tiny little pig tails on top of her head! LOL So fun! Your girls are just so cute.

P.S. I can't use the "F" word either. It's not allowed in our home. Even with a house full of boys we call them "toots". We'll see how long that lasts....

Christal said...

Your girls are so fun so pretty and I love the things kids say! They are just so cute!! {We hate the F word in our house too but boys seem to love it so we introduced the bar of soap it works great!!}

lynz said...

vroom to the moon eh? never heard that one before! love the pics of your little gals and love the lucy ism's - she always makes me laugh :)

Jacklyn said...

so cute, I want Luke to marry Lucy and Evie and Lily to be Bff`s. Britt they are both darling

ashley said...

hehe...I love you guys so much. thanks for sharing britt, but I prefer to be there is person for these funny moments so come see me...NOW!!