CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Life

I knew that I was really in for a great day...it all started with the southern Alberta wind last night. I felt as though I was in a wind tunnel and wished my house would be picked up and placed somewhere that the wind never blew. I watched JD sleep like a baby...well better than our babies cause I was up with them and envied his ease of sleep. The day started out just the same as always at 6:45 "mom can I have orange juice with special stuff", "go ask your dad!" I thought my job was done but much to my dismay it wasn't made to the expertise that mommy makes it. So I fixed what wasn't really broken and back to bed I went. After breakfast I went to the gym and justified my lack of excersion on my lack of sleep and finally gave up and back home I came. After lunch, with Evie asleep, I laid next to Lucy who within minutes fell asleep after insisting that she hadn't yawned yet, and therefore she didn't need that nap. I was so excited to have a nap of my own because I was starting to feel a little bit fluish. Within 10 minutes Evie was awake and so was I. So since me time was not an option, Evie and I went downstairs to do a little laundry..but remembering that I was feeling a little fluish I decided that the laundry could wait and Evie and I could take a nice, relaxing bath. We splashed around for a little while and then I heard the little footsteps of Lucy who was already dressed down to her skivvies ready to join the fun. Finally after we had all turned into prunes we climbed on out, I was still tired and achy but I learned 3 things:

1. My baby rolls are not near as cute as my babies' rolls, but well worth it

2. My time is never as fun as our time



3. I have the best job in the whole world











13 comments:

Susie said...

that is the sweetest. you are the sweetest. you kids don't know how lucky they are. I wanna cry i think its my lack of sleep or maybe because I'm a mom too & have the best job in the world too.

Skye said...

You are such a wonderful Mom! What a great reminder about how important it is to spend time with our little ones!!!

Lyndsey said...

Hey Brit just found your blog hope you don't mind I added you to my friends list. Cute pictures with your baby.

TIFF said...

One of these days when we do get plenty of 'me time', we'll really miss the 'our time'! I loved reading this, reminded me of our house. How can men just sleep so easily? It's one of my own personal seven wonders?! We really do have the best jobs huh! Cute, cute, cute!

wallaceweb said...

Nicely put :)

Brianne said...

Great post Brit! It's so true...the time we as mom's spend with our little ones is priceless, even though it would be nice to get some of our own stuff done! What a great job we have taking care of these cute kids! What would we ever do without them!

These pictures are great, by the way. You are looking fabulous, as always, and your girls are so stinkin cute. Tell JD hi for me! Miss you guys like you wouldn't believe...

Jacklyn said...

Oh I loved this one and I agree I love my job. You could ask me what I did today and really can say nothing, but aren't all the "nothing" days so much fun. I finally have a new audience for Broadway Hour...my kids love it hahaha I miss you

lynz said...

this is the best post britt! i love it, and i love that i'm learning that our jobs as moms are so much better than any other job :) your girls are lucky to have you!

Sunshine said...

Brittany! Your daughters are so beautiful. The last time I saw you was in Arizona and Lucy was so tiny! She sure is growing up. You have a sweet family. I love all your pictures...your parents look great! Send my love to them.

Sunshine said...

Hey Britt! Add me as a friend and I will add you too. I got the beds from landofnod.com. They have cute stuff!

Heather said...

I love reading your blog, Brittany. You ARE such a good mom.

Mindi said...

So cute Britt! You gotta email me your address so I can invite you to my blog! mindi_jensen@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Brittany!!! I found your blog and it is the cutest ever. I am glad that we can check up on you guys.