
I always say that a girl needs a sister and lucky for me I was blessed with 3 fantastic sisters. I know that with women comes a little drama but I feel that aside from the pinching, scratching, pulling of hair and tears over clothes we made it out pretty good.
Summer never ceases to amaze me. Whether it be her menus or her decorating and style sense I am in awe at how much talent one person can have. It seems that anything that she tries comes out looking like it was clipped from a magazine. If you sense a little jealousy there is, but thankfully she is great at sharing her wonderful ideas and is the source of much of my inspiration.
Linsey, well she has the personality that I always wanted. I was born to worry and mother and wished that I had a touch of Linsey's humor and fashion sense. She can always make a person laugh. Lins is full of adventure (hence the living in Australia) but she also has a soft side and is a great listener and has been at the end of many tearful conversations.
Ashley has been through just about everything with me. We slept in the same room for 13 years of my life and I think that she has been witness to me doing more stupid things than anyone else (parked cars and falling in public places). She has a great sense of fashion and has been more than helpful with my kids and also when I was pregnant, sick and completely unmotivated she stepped up cleaned what hadn't been done in quite some time.
Needless to say I am very grateful for my great sisters who are my best friends and was ecstatic when I found out that Lucy was going to have a sister. I watch them together and hope that they love each other even when they don't want to.
Nobody can get Evie to laugh like Lucy does, and Lucy of course loves to make her laugh. Lucy is usually the first one to greet Evie after her nap, I often find her right beside her in her crib. Lucy wants to be a part of everything even the changing of diapers and says she can't wait for Evie to sleep with her so that she can be her mommy. Here are just a couple of sister moments:
My mom was here one day and Lucy and Evie were on the bed together. My mom came down laughing and said what a great babysitter Lucy was, which made me wonder just what was going on. My mom walked in and found Evie sucking on Lucy's toes and when she asked Lucy what she was doing Lucy replied "she likes to suck on them!"
I came in to find Lucy trying to nurse Evie and when I asked what she was doing she said "I'm trying to feed her with my chesties but they are not big enough I WISH they would grow!"





11 comments:
Sisters really are the best! I was blessed to have 3 as well! Don't know what I'd do without them. Very cute, I love the chesties comment! FUNNY!
Ok thanks a lot Britt, I am totally crying here and Kyle is laughing at me and Ryder is asking if "mommy tay(okay)".....I'd have to say you are the sister with all the words to say....and you express them alot better than I would! Thanks that was fun to read, I sure miss all of you guys, I was at the craft store trying to find some things for baby bows and I couldn't find a single thing!! I need some of that magical Martha Stewart talent that everyone else has. How am I going to make my little girl look cute, no baby Gap and no bows...wo is mee! Also how do I add people to my blog I just can't seem to figure it out, it never works when I put their name in.
I love the chesties comment too I always get a kick out of Lucy's little sayings, she is the best. Hope you are doing great.
Talk to you soon.
What a great blog! I always look forward to your new posts! Lucy is so adorable! You do such a great job Britt! Also, I love your new things on the side! Where do you find all these cute updates?
Maybe it's the fact that you grew up with such great sisters that makes you the bestest friend ever? Hmmm... or maybe you were just born that way?
Either way, you the sweetest, cutest, kindest girl I know.
Oh my gosh i laughed so hard at the chesties comment! Your girls are just adorable! You're such a great Mom!!!!
ha ha I'm crying and I'm not even your blood sis. I agree sisters are the best and I love that Lucy has one...and I love that she is probably the funniest kid ever...and I love that your still planning on us being neighbors It's all I've ever wanted
What a sweet post about your sisters Britt. You are lucky to have such great sisters. I only have one and she's the best, I can only imagine what 2 more would be like. Lucy is HILARIOUS! She says the funniest things. Thanks for sharing them with us.
i think i still have alot of hormone runnin through my veins because i am laughing and crying.... sisters are great! i was lucky to have one sister that i look up to tons... so fun. i love that you love your sisters.! !!!i think i am going to go call mine right now! ha
You do have some amazing sisters and you fit right in with them! Um, we all know you have the same fashion sense and decorating talent as your sisters, don't be so modest! I really do need you to help me pick out everything for my house. I'll let you in on a little secret - when I am shopping for me or my house I always ask myself is this something Britt would buy? If the answer is yes I buy it. I obviously still need to work on getting it just right.
And I'll second Regan, you are an amazing friend. One of the best I got! You were like a sister to me while I waited for Paige to grow up. Love you!
I loved this post! I am so thankful for my 3 sisters too! We had our moments, but 99% of the time, we were best friends. I am so glad my girls have each other. So far, so good...they seem the best of friends. I think it is in how you raise them.
(Do you have a picture of all 4 of you together? or separate?)
Hey Britt how do you get the thing on the side where it tells you when people update their blog? I need your skills
Post a Comment