CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Socks!!


I don't know if anyone else out there has a kid that is finnicky about the seam on their socks, and if you do how do you convince your kid to wear them in -45 degree weather. The whole "your toes will fall off" line just isn't cutting it and I am being outwitted by a 3 year old. Here's my conversation with Lucy the other day, now remember she is 3 going on 17.

MOM: Lucy put your socks on it is freezing out


LUCY: Mom there are funny bumps in the toes...I don't like socks!!!


MOM: If you don't put your socks on your toes will fall off and freeze in the snow


LUCY: AHHH ...Your ruining my life!!!


Oh my, whatever am I going to do cause it is funny now but when she really means it at 17 I don't know if I will think it is quite that funny!! TIPS???

7 comments:

Mindi said...

Well, you could tell her about her mom's run-in with frostbite! Hahah! I think about you every winter when I get pains in my toes, fingers, ears, ect ect from our little stint with frostbite!

Jenny said...

My oldest is very, very picky about his clothes. We have at least a few temper tantrums a week about how something isn't just right (and he's 8!). For the most part, I have learned to just let him make his choices. He has found out many times that mom was right after all, and even when he doesn't it really hasn't hurt him.

marisajbaines said...

i think you need to move to a warmer climate so you can stop ruining lucys life!!! im kidding.!!!

Melissa said...

Yes i agree with Marisa, you should move to AZ. My kids don't even know what socks are???? jk. OK so i was that kid that HATED socks because of the same reason and i would wear my tights. They didn't bug me as bad! So is she likes her tights try that.

whitney said...

Paige was the same way with socks. My mom turned them inside out so the little bumps were on the outside. That worked for her. I think Paige wore her socks like that until Jr. High! Come to think of it, I have a few pairs that might be more comfortable that way...

Jessica said...

That is so funny Bryton is the same way about her socks, it must be a girl thing I just found you blog though Kassi's we are http://mattjessicaalston.blogspot.com/

Caylee said...

Brittany, your girls are so pretty - and pretty funny! I love the pics with your Dad. :)