Nurse, doctor, chef, chaffeur, prince, princess, evil stepmother, maid, laundress, carpet cleaner, ...so I don't know what exactly my description would be but I think all of these would fall under the mom category. Evie last week started coming down with a cold and then a couple of days later started tugging on her ear, so off to the doctors we went to see if that was the cause of our sleepless nights, and YEP she had a ear infection. So we put her on amoxicillin to clear up the infection and I also was giving her probiotics so that she wouldn't get thrush - in other words we were having fun. Yesterday I started to notice a few spots on her back but I thought well I don't what I thought, but today I went to give her a bath and I noticed that her whole back and tummy were covered in a bright red rash!! I took her to a walk-in clinic were I waited for over 2 hours so that the doctor could confirm my diagnosis. She has a penicillin allergy...poor poor itchy little baby!! But no more ear infection. Anywho while I waited with Evie, JD took Lucy to costco on their date and did the shopping and had a costco hot dog. I know you say disgusting and so do I, but it is one of her simple pleasures in life and I wont buy them for our house so I do justify it once a month. Well tonight Lucy was in bed and I heard her coughing (no biggy) and then I heard what sounded like a gag (no biggy from Lucy) but up I got and went in and took one look at her, swooped her up out of bed and well we didn't quite make it hence the carpet cleaner title. I think that with my speed coupled with the upchuck force we hit just about every thing that we possible could with such extreme force and had the maximum splatter. I promise I will not post any pictures so that our night of clean-up doesn't lead to your night of clean-up. Well off to bed...wish me luck!!
First couple days of Bridget being home.
8 years ago




8 comments:
Oh the joys of being a mom. I'm sorry to hear about all the sickness in your house. Hopefully you get better soon.
Ugh! Have had many, many of those nights....good luck! You are a great mom!
When it rains is pours! We had a very similar week. Hope your girls are feeling better.
oh you poor thing, hotdogs will do that sometimes well that and pizza buns
SAD! I feel for you (and your girls)! Hope everyone is feeling better!
as if! we were just talking about our childrens (and ous) secret love for hot dogs. guess i'll be putting that on hold for awhile. i hate puking the most of the sickness. the mess, the smell, the laudry, the bleach, bleh, i'm gonna gag.
Oh Britt!! Sick kids are not fun!! Jade just got over being sick...and it was horrible. Hopefully you won't get it! Take care---we sure miss you guys :)
I hate those kind of days....and nights! What would the kids do without such a great mom!? I think sickness is just going around everywhere, I'm just waiting for our turn); Hopefully you get caught up on some sleep!
Post a Comment